My name is Andrei and I am passionate about technology and software development. I have been following technology trends for my entire life and have been lucky enough to turn that passion into a successful career in product management.
As a product manager, I always strive to understand the problems that a product is trying to solve. This allows me to identify its functional essence and separate it from incidental, cosmetic, or insignificant characteristics. By understanding the problems that a product aims to solve, I am able to create solutions that are effective and beneficial.
I am also fascinated by the process of growing businesses, company cultures, and people (including myself). I am passionate about working with talented and motivated individuals and creating products that have a real impact on both customers and businesses.
My approach to product management is based on fast delivery and rapid iterations. I believe that the best way to test a product is to put it in the hands of customers and then learn and adapt based on their feedback.
My core management principles are commitment, empowerment, pragmatism, and leading by example.
- 09.2022 – I’m currently the Product Lead @Zenjob – a german start-up in Berlin trying to make life easier for students looking for flexible jobs.
- 2021-2022 – moved from Bucharest to Berlin and joined @Autoscout24, the biggest car marketplace in Europe, as Senior Product Manager with a focus on improving the retention of engagement.
- 2020-2021 – in charge of the product development of Video on Demand (VoD) for the largest Romanian media brand – PRO TV. I was focused on delivering the best user experience through our two main platforms VOYO (SVOD) and PRO TV Plus (AVOD).
- 2019-2020 – worked as Chief Product Officer @BestJobs.eu, where I focused on restructuring the whole product team for working in an agile manner.
- 2016-2019 – joined OLX Romania (part of Naspers),as Product Manager Verticals – working on new product initiatives for their Cars and Real Estate platforms- Autovit.ro and Storia.ro
- 2014-2016 – worked as an eLearning developer for Eurocor. Here I’ve built multiple e-learning courses and video animations for the course materials, working at the same time on a side-project – free educational games for kids.
- 2009-2014 – started my career as a Product Manager, working for 5 years for a Romanian Start-up – VVG. I started here my first project from scratch – CautPensiuni.ro, which in 2013 won the prize for “the best Romanian travel mobile website”